Friday, May 25, 2012

Marble Dust


Please take note that tomorrow is Makeal Flammini's opening at Sky High Gallery "The Bricks Are Dipped In Marble Dust". Even if I didn't curate the show myself I wouldn't miss it for the world. Makeal's new body of work has elevated my love for her to a new place. I'm so proud to be able to show her work in our space.

I just got home yesterday from another amazing week down south. I photographed my friends wedding in North Carolina then drove to visit Butch Anthony in Alabama. Meanwhile the real world rolled forward and I'm suffering the consequences today. Three day weekend you say, yeahhhh right. In my dreams.  More photos from last weeks southern adventures soon to come. See you tomorrow & get up to date on Makeal's work with this great review on the show by Cortney Heimerl in the Onion's AV Club.

































All images by Makeal Flammini, pencil and gouache on paper 2011-2012

No comments: