Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yawing Void #1

On a daily basis I am blown away by what my friends create.

Yawning Void #1

When I got a package in the mail a few weeks back from my old friend Peter Hodapp it was one of those times.... to the extreme. His comic, Yawning Void #1 (two color, newsprint) is beautiful, educational and a must have for anyone who appreciates good things.

peek inside Yawning Void #1
(inside page)

Peter and I met about 12 years ago while we were both living in Minneapolis at the Bloomington House. He lived downstairs & I lived upstairs with my 9 other roommates (yes, 9. It was another time). We moved to other houses, then cities but Peter was on of my best mail corespondents (I have every single letter). After getting married and becoming a super dad the letters appropriately trickled to a stop but Peter has managed to pump out an amazing amount of work in the last year. You can find Yawning Void in select shops (we will have copies at Sky High when the fall pop-up shop opens) or get it straight from Peter here. It's only $5 so there is not a reason to not pick it up. There is all sorts of other great things on his blog, including this flip book that is especially rad.

P.S. I want you to all realize that this is all hand drawn & inked. These photos are from a year ago when we visited Peter's studio & he was in the final stages of layout.

Peter Hodapp`s studio

from Peter Hodapp`s comic book

P.P.S. If you are one of my many friends who own shops Peter is looking for folks to carry his work. DO IT!

No comments: