Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wonky Honkey: for Sarah

Last week I finally made it over the the War Room to get my portrait taken by the one JW Lawson. The building that Lawson is in, right down the street from me, is this amazing old school building that I had never been in before. I've always coveted it. It also used to have some of my favorite murals in the city adorning the sides, now residing in mural heaven. I never got a proper photo of the one side that I loved the most. Before Bob moved away last year I discovered he had a Polaroid of it, which is now in my possession.
Mural off Howell Ave: R.I.P. 2007

I've had a copy of Gorden Henderson's calendar in my home for over 5 years. I love his creepy style and added notes on insignificant days. This year he donated some calendars to the Handmade Nation Etsy site. Pick one up there or here.
I started a new list (to your right) of artists who's work I own. Like most things in list format, it's very satistifying. This is just off the top of my head while downstairs at work, haven't even looked around while sitting in my studio (where the flat files are) or upstairs at home.

Sarah & Faythe 12.2008
And, nothing like a bar Polaroid of you and your Milwaukee's best. Sarah had a very specific vision for this photo, we took it 4 times.

Here is a good jam for you via Kiki's blog Here to Here:

No comments: